To keep us connected to culture and arts at this time, we are sharing with you some interesting online content from partners and arts and cultural organisations in Palestine and in the UK to enjoy from home until we can meet again in theatres, cinemas, museums, music venues, cafes, the streets… hopefully very soon.
If you have suggestions, please get in touch.
Last updated on 21 May 2020
- Art to Heart - فن من القلب launches a four episode puppet series in Arabic to raise awareness about Autism Spectrum to school students . More about their online tutorials and resources here
- Palestine Film Club suggests Jumana Manna's poetic feature "A Magical Substance Flows Into Me" exploring Palestinian and Mizrahi (Eastern Jewish) music. The film is featured in the digital exhibition "A Bottomless Silence", curated by Rotana Shaker for Wallach Gallery at Columbia University and can be accessed online for the next two weeks. More info here
- OPEN CALL: The A.M. Qattan Foundation invites Palestinian artists in Palestine and abroad and international artists from various fields in the visual and performing arts, literature and film industries to submit their applications to participate in the online project “This is Palestine.” Deadline: 30 May 2020. More info here
- مصادر معلومات للفنانين الأفراد Resources for Individual artists in Palestine.
- Tale of the Three Jewels, a Palestinian film from 1995 fully shot in Gaza. Available until Wednesday 27 May 2020.
- Rayahzone: The Thabet brothers from Tunisia—artists with roots in dance, the circus and theatre—join forces on stage with five musicians to weave a shared landscape and immerse themselves in Sufi music. Check out an edited version of their performance of Rayahzone via youtube. Rayahzone - رايازون.
- DaDaFest's Self Isolation Playlist: DaDaFest are publishing a monthly isolation playlist with great online performance from artists with disabilities. Check out their latest offering on their website. DaDaFest's Self Isolation Playlist.
- Stopgap Dance's Artificial Things: Stopgap Dance Company’s award-winning film ARTIFICIAL THINGS has been released on Facebook and YouTube for a limited time only. Check it out while you can! Artificial Things - أشياء صناعية.
- The Place Online: The place onlineis hosting weekly screenings of rare archival performances from leading UK dance artists. On Thurs 21 May presenting BEAT by the sharp and stylish conceptual duo Igor x Moreno. Don't miss it. The Place Online.
- Platform': For all you musicians and music fans out there - Platform is inviting Arab musicians and bands residing in the Arab region and abroad to share the work they are producing at home and contribute to a special edition album. You can listen to what's been sent in so far and share your music visa their website. Platform - بلاتفورم.
- Art is where the home is: The beautiful Firstsite Gallery's ‘Art is where the home is’ initiative brings us a programme of art activities to do within the home to help families to stay creative during this difficult time. Stay inspired with Firstsite’s downloadable artist created activity packs, featuring contributions from UK artists including Antony Gormley, Sarah Lucas, Gillian Wearing, Idris Khan, Jeremy Deller and more. Art is where the home is.