The Oxford Brookes Gaza Scholarship Scheme is supported by Oxford Brookes, out of a strong will to support the people of Gaza through bringing in one student each year at graduate level to undertake a course of study leading to the award of an Oxford Brookes Masters’ degree.
What is covered?
The scholarship covers full fees, accommodation and most living expenses for the academic year.
Applicants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Wish to study for a one year full-time Master’s degree at Oxford Brookes University
- Have a good undergraduate degree (equivalent to a 1st/2:1)
- Be under 35 years of age
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0-7.0 overall (with 6.0 in reading and writing, 5.5 in listening and speaking )
- Have relevant work experience
- Undertake to return to Gaza after completing their studies
- Be in financial need
Priority fields of study:
- Built Environment, Regeneration, Development and Environmental Management
- Development and Emergency Practice
- Public Health, Disease Prevention and Control, Rehabilitation and Social Care
- Law and Human Rights
*Other areas may also be considered.
Applying for the scholarship:
Having made an academic application as described above, applicants for the scholarship should then write a letter of no more than 500 words, confirming that they have applied for admission to the university, stating which program they have applied for, and explaining both how they meet the criteria and why they should be considered for the scholarship. Applicants must ensure they include their full name, postal address and email on the letter.
The Scholarship application letter should be sent directly to:
The British Council in Gaza, care of: Mohammad Rantisi@ps.britishcouncil.org
to be received no later than 31st March 2023
A shortlist of candidates will be selected in April with interviews taking place before the end of May 2023