There will be 2 Rhodes Scholarships in total which will be offered to enable two outstanding students from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon or Palestine – chosen on the basis of exceptional intellect, character, leadership and commitment to service – to study a graduate degree at the University of Oxford beginning in October 2017.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships for Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine:
- Citizenship & residency: Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese or Palestinian having received at least 5 years of education between age 9- 22 in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, the West Bank, Gaza or Israel.
- Age: The age limit is 19-27 by 1st October 2017.
- Education: Admission to the University of Oxford is very competitive. Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before arriving to Oxford. A GPA over 3.8 over 4.0 or over 95% is expected. See detailed requirements on the Rhodes Scholarship Website.
- English Requirements:Candidates must have a sufficiently high standard of English as demonstrated by an English language proficiency test scores of over 7.5 (IELTS) or 110 (TOEFL iBT).
How to apply
- Candidates may apply online from early July until September 30th 2016 here.
- In preparation for making their application, all candidates should read carefully the general information for candidates on the Rhodes website, the specific full conditions for SJLP and the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document.
- Long listed candidates will be invited to attend a Skype or in-person preliminary interview in October.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a final interview, which they are expected to attend in person in mid-November. The interview will take place in Jordan.